Ottawa Foundation Repair
At first glance, a foundation problem may seem like an extreme problem. However, if you identify the damage before it becomes too advanced, most foundation issues have simple, permanent solutions -- many of which can be completed within a day! The key is to recognize the problem early and make sure you call in a foundation repair specialist with the tools and expertise to effectively tackle the problem.
So what's wrong with your foundation? We've have pointed out common issues to help answer some of your questions. This will help you figure out if you are experiencing a common foundation problem-- and what can be done about it.
You don't have to solve the problem alone! At Impressive Masonry, We have a team of expert foundation contractors that are keen to help you identify and solve your issues with warranted products and services. We provide free, no-obligation foundation repair quotes throughout our Ottawa service area. Contact us today for your appointment!
My basement got floded during a heavy rain fall last year. It was a bit too late to notice the crack in the foundation of my house, but it was hidden under the porch where it was hard to see. I had Impressive Masonry to fix the crack in foundation and he generously finished the job and applied foundation waterproofing membrane. He did a fine job fixing the cracked foundation, and this year I want to have them remove our front patio concrete slabs and apply interlocking stones.
First Signs of Foundation Problems
Tilting, Leaning Chimneys
- Your chimney or smokestack is tilting and separating from your home.
Sinking & Settling Foundation
- Stair-step cracks in brick or concrete block foundation walls, on cracks in drywall.
Jamming, Sticking Doors & Windows
- Your windows and/or doors are sticking, jamming, or your doors have non-functioning locks.
Cracks in a Concrete Slab Floor
- Your concrete slab floor is showing signs of sinking, sagging, or settling. Your floor may be cracking, or the walls may be separating from the floor below or ceiling above.
Sagging Crawl Spaces
- Your crawl space is experiencing structural problems that are causing it to sink or sag in the middle.
Impressive Masonry Foundation Repair Services
- We repair tilting chimneys with the Foundation Support System mechanism. These can be mounted directly on to the chimney's footer, and can even be used to attempt to lift the chimney back to its original position. However, structural issues with your chimney are often connected to other, potentially much more serious foundation problems. The same problems that caused your chimney to lean and show signs of failure can apply equally to your foundation or structure.
- We fix foundation settlement issues by installing steel foundation piers. These piers will extend beneath the foundation, contacting strong supporting soils that will permanently stabilize your structure.
Foundation Wall Cracks
- Concrete walls may experience small cracks as they cure. These are normal and may be no cause for alarm. However, cracking foundation due to foundation settlement issues, foundation piers may be your solution.If for any change, your foundation walls are failing due to expansive soils, a wall anchor system may solve your foundation wall cracks.
Floor Slab Repair
- You can either install a slab pier system that connects the slab to stable soil or bedrock or raise settled concrete using PolyLEVEL expanding foam. Injecting this high-density foam beneath the slab will fill voids and consolidate weak soil while also raising settled slabs back to their original position.
Sagging & Sinking Crawl Spaces
- Additional crawl space supports or retaining walls should be installed to ensure that your structure is properly stabilized. Mold and rot should also be addressed by installing a crawl space liner and removing excess moisture from the crawl space.
Sticking Windows & Door Repair
- The two most common foundation-related causes are settlement and crawl space supports that have settled, shifted, or deteriorated. Foundation piers can be used to repair settlement issues, while crawl space jacks are a good solution for sagging floors over crawl spaces.